JUCONI is constantly seeking new techniques to help heal the emotional wounds brought about by violence. The process relies on 25 years of work experience supporting the Foundation, as well as continuous updating with a Technical Advisory Group internationally recognized, who train JUCONI staff in the fields of trauma care and attachment, as well as family and individual therapy.
The Technical Advisory Group is composed of the following experts:
◦ Dr. Sandra Bloom: Founder of the Sanctuary Model (based on the Sanctuary Institute, Andrus Children's Center, Yonkers, New York), who has provided JUCONI with an extensive training in the implementation of its model.
◦ Dr. Janine Roberts. From the University of Massachusetts, renowned family therapist and author of several books.
◦ Dr. Eliana Gil: Director of Clinical Services, Children's Center of Virginia, Fairfax and creator of Play Therapy.
◦ Emilia Downing: from Child and Family Department at Tavistock Clinic, London, UK.
◦ Dr. Gianna Williams: Former Director of Adolescent Department, Tavistock Clinic, London, UK.
◦ Prof. Maureen Fox: from Child and Family Department,
Tavistock Clinic, London, UK.
◦ Dr. Lyndra Bills: Medical Director of Mental Health at Lancaster General Hospital and author of the book Trauma Art.
◦ Joe Foderaro: Degree in Clinical Social Work, Community Works (USA) and co-founder of the Sanctuary Model.
◦ Prof. Guadalupe Prieto: Professor of Psychology at the University of the Americas, Puebla, Mexico.
◦ Dr. Shirley Fox: from the Tavistock Clinic, London, UK.
◦ Silvia Reyes: Educational Psychologist and Director of Methodology at JUCONI Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Each JUCONI educator receives more than 200 hours of external training by this Technical Advisory Group.